Monday, November 21, 2011

Some Monday Roses

Hi Everyone,
My garden has given me some most glorious roses so far this season and I was bursting to share them with you.
The rose in the centre of this vase is Grand Siecle and she is superb, as you can see. There is Athena to her outer right with the pink edged white petals. Just above and to her right is Playboy - wow this rose is a surprise! It is gloriously coloured and perfumed. It's petals are yellow/orange edged with cerise. To the lower left of the vase is a double 'mock orange' or Philadelphus (not a rose), I can't wait for it to be huge and covered in those pure white, double, perfumed flowers.

This second vase is full of Leonardo daVinci being the pink, cupped, 'old world' rose and Diana Princess of Wales, the creamy white. Neither of these is perfume which is disappointing but they do make up for it with their abundance of blooms. Playboy is there to the right and I'm sad to say that I do not know the name of the full orange rose on the bottom left. It's bush is big and strong and the flowers are a most striking bright salmon. Alas is is unperfumed also but it stands out from way across the paddock.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing these lovely roses. I will show you some more flowers soon. Hopefully the pictures will be better next time. (I'm having a bit of 'attitude' from my camera.)

3 comments:

  1. What a feast for the eyes Bronwyn...just gorgeous. Hope you are feeling better. It is so lovely to see a post from you. I have missed you.

    ReplyDelete