Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday Treasures


Precious Pets:

Thanks Melody for hosting Tuesday Treasures again and for the opportunity of showing off our much beloved 'babies'.

This is my Kanga puss. This is her baby picture. She was my Christmas present from my DH 2009

Next is a series of pictures where she is very interested in the contents of this box which just happens to be my 8 year old grandson. They both had a lovely time, the boy giggling his head off and the cat trying every which way she could to get to him.

Kanga is a wonderful 'country' cat. She is a terrific ratter and mouser and had one rat and two mice (as far as I saw) today. She even once brought us a LIVE teenage black snake. Fortunately she dropped it before she reached where we were all sitting outside.
She follows me around when I'm gardening, resting in my shade when I stop to pull up weeds. She comes for walks with us down to the creek. She always answers when she is called - I have never had a cat that did that before - it's very cute. I'm sure she thinks she is speaking English.
She helps me hang out the washing, loves a trip in the car and often sleeps on the tractor seat in the sun.
There is no doubt that I dearly treasure her and (most surprisingly) so does my DH - and that is really saying something.

14 comments:

  1. Kanga appears to be a very smart cat , and so pretty too . Cats are the best company aren't they !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think cats are a lot smarter than what we give them credit for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kanga is beautiful.It's wonderful to have such a great companion. I agree with Michelle. Cats are very clever and sometimes I think they are just tolerating our inferior minds or else they enjoy watching us muddle about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having met Kanga I know what a delight she is. As always your photos are wonderful. I'm sorry I was so late with this post but hopefully you will get a chance to link later today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Bronwyn,

    Kanga looks so lovely, don't cats boxes and grandies go so well together.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Kanga sounds just adorable! Love her "baby" picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kanga sounds like a great cat and a lovely companion. I love his colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an adorable face. What a great furry friend!
    Kids and animals should always have fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see that she is one of those Very special cats that touch our lives. She's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful looking cat.... I love that she plays so nicely with grandieboy... what a great combination for you....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cats or dogs love to show off their catches, not always do we wish them to be brought in the house though.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Kanga puss. I'm sure my Honey would very much like to be a country cat like Kanga. One day .... Thanks for sharing your baby! Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wlhere would we be without our beautiful pets...What a gorgeous cat..

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful girl.
    I just love how they steal the hearts of our cat-disliking DH's :-)

    ReplyDelete