Friday, February 18, 2011

Quick project for Friday night sew-in.

Thanks Heidi and Bobbi for this great idea. Here are some pics of the little sewing machine mat that I made tonight.
It is a freebie McCalls PDF pattern from their website - under Free Project (top right).
This mat stops your table top from marking, makes sliding the machine around, back and forth easier and has handy little pockets in the front for scissors, pin cushion, rulers etc.
It was so quick and easy. I didn't use the pattern instructions in the end; I just made it to the correct dimensions for my machine.

ps: Thanks Melody for this panel. I have finally used it! There are four of these vintage machine prints on the panel so can make three more for gifts.

5 comments:

  1. Have been wanting to make one of these for a while. If you did it in one night I'd say I don't have any more excuses:) The fabric and design are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool... I'm sure those pockets in front are handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to have those front pocket pockets.
    Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea - it is perfect with the pockets in front. Another successful FNSI!

    Angie - http://craftedAngles.com

    ReplyDelete