Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Portabello Fabrics


Ok, now here's the thing. I was prompted to look at some fabric in my stash that I had bought when I was semi-conscious - digressing for a mo. I know that I was semi-conscious because I have no recollection of this purchase whatsoever - because my friend Melody had mentioned how much she loved French General fabrics and I thought "Ha!" Yes, I thought "Ha. I'm sure I have some of those fabrics in my stash, cos I saw them there a couple of days ago." So off I go on a scrounging mission and voila - there they were and they are, as you may have gathered, NOT in fact French General fabrics but Portabello. Now that I have exhumed these most lovely fabrics I have a hankerin' to make something with them. There is 1m of the centre fabric and .25m of the other four. What, in the name of all that is patchwork, am I going to do with them??? A bag? A table runner? A small table cloth? An apron (or two)? My imagination is apparently still on vacation. I would be thrilled if anyone could solve this most pitiful predicament I find myself in.
Thanks - in anticipation of the temporary use of your creative genius'

4 comments:

  1. Don't know what you could make but they are truly fabulous fabrics. I have those moments of not remembering when I bought something too.Not a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would make a great version of Robyns February Hearts and then you could make it into a lovely, big, squishy cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging. I know you will have fun and make lots of new friends. Your roses are just lovely and so is this fabric. You could make a mini quilt using the same block as in your photo. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Melody's idea of Robyns Feb. hearts , I love that little quilt but even one block or perhaps two to three , then you could make a beautiful runner , for some reason that is what I saw when I looked at these fabrics ,with the middle fabric as the focal point ,oh how gorgeous these fabrics are . Whatever you make will be beautiful .

    ReplyDelete